elbe-setsel - Replace the package list of an Elbe XML file by a list obtained from dpkg-getselections.
elbe setsel <xmlfile> <pkglist>
elbe setsel replaces the package list of an Elbe XML file by a package list obtained from dpkg –get-selections. Together with the setsel mode of Elbe, this offers a more fine-grained control on which packages are installed (even apt and aptitude can be excluded from the root filesystem). The recommended usage is as follows:
- Generate an image using the default mode of Elbe.
- Run the image and use apt-get to purge unwanted packages.
- Maybe even use dpkg to remove apt and aptitude.
- Generate the list of selected packages using dpkg –get-selections > selections.list
- Transfer this file to the host system.
- Use elbe setsel <xmlfile> selections.list to import the package list into the XML file.
- Rebuild using the setsel mode of Elbe.
- The XML file to modify.
- The package list from dpkg –get-selections.
Replace the package list of myproject.xml with the packages listed by dpkg –get-selections > myproject.pkgs.
$ elbe setsel myproject.xml myproject.pkgs
Part of the elbe1 suite